Since I have more time now I guess I should give more details about the new baby.
I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow. It seems to be flying by! I still have a tendency to forget I'm pregnant, although it's pretty obvious now....at least to me! I've been feeling the baby move around now for a couple weeks, but especially in the last week. Mom "acquired" a Doppler when her office closed so Brent and I have been listening to the heart beat at night. The baby likes to lay on my right side and I can usually tell where he/she is by feeling my stomach. It will be harder on the side where the baby is. I haven't had any morning sickness or anything but I'm still tired, but I've been dealing with so much here recently I'm sure that's to blame. The only bad craving I have is for house dressing at our favorite Japanese restaurant, Shoki. That's such a strange craving....and a really expensive one! You can't just walk in and get a salad, you have to get the whole works! Like I said in the last post, I've lost 13 lbs overall. I joked when pregnant with Logan that pregnancy was the best diet I'd ever been on, and it seems to be the same way again! I went to a consignment sale today and to Goodwill (you can find some really good maternity clothes at goodwill sometimes!) and I tried on a pair of pants a size smaller than normal and they were a little big. I bet once I get over whatever I have, and Logan and I quit passing it back and forth, that they will quickly become to small....but hey, they were only $5. I also found Logan lots of winter clothes for next winter for $1! The consignment store was having their $1 clearance weekend, so we racked up! We ended up with 20 things for $21! Can't beat that! The new baby even got a couple unisex things as well. I kept all of Logan's stuff in case we had another boy, and 95% of his stuff will be the right season, but now I'm having a hard time thinking that the baby will get nothing new (if a boy) so I'm pretty sure this baby will end up with 2x as many clothes just so I don't feel as though he's getting all the hand-me-downs....I mean not only will he have hand-me-down clothes, but bouncy seat, high chair, bedroom suit, car seat (although I'm getting a new cover, just so it seems new, haha). I bought/registered for/received all this stuff unisex so I wouldn't have to buy it again...but I don't know, I feel guilty about it. I'm sure once the new baby is here it will become his/hers and no longer be "Logan's" so hopefully my guilt trip will end.
I've been thinking it's boy all along, but for some reason lately I've really been hoping for a girl. Brent always said that if we have a boy next then we can try one more time for a girl, but if we have a girl second he's done. I think my sudden change of mind might stem from what all Logan has been through lately and in the back of my head I'm wondering if I can do all this running around, Dr's appts, chest x-rays, pharmacy trips, etc with two kids while pregnant! It seems near impossible since right now I am barely keeping myself healthy while worrying so much about Logan. At least I won't have a job then too! I'm surprised I haven't been fired with all the calling in, leaving early, taking long lunches, etc that I've been doing....but whatever...I beg them to fire me. Then I can get unemployment for the next year, haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment