Nate is becoming a little chunker! He's just growing and growing. He's outgrowing clothes everyday and I can hardly keep up! I have no idea what he weighs, but it's got to be a lot. I'm pretty positive that he's already doubled his birth weight and probably then some. He's rolling over consistently now. He can go from belly to back, but a pesky little elbow gets in his way when he tries to roll back over, but he occasionally beats that pesky little elbow and makes it back to his belly. He's really found his voice in the last couple days and I swear he tries to compete with Logan on who can be the loudest. He just smiles and smiles while he's doing all this talking and cooing, like he's just so proud of himself. He's been laughing out loud for some time now. Baby laughs have got to be the cutest thing on Earth! He's a very good and content baby. I think he'd be content sitting in his bouncy seat just looking at me all day long. If I get out of sight though, that's another story. He doesn't like for Mommy to leave the room. I can't for the life of me get him to take a bottle. I've tried, Brent's tried, Brent's tried when I leave the house, I've tried with both breastmilk and formula, warm, cold, warmer, not as warm, different bottles. Nothing works. He wants absolutely nothing to do with anything artificial. Not even a passy. I know deep down in my heart of hearts that in about a year I'll be so thankful that he doesn't take a passy, but sometimes I wish he'd just TAKE IT! He has, however, learned to soothe himself with his hands/fingers. He loves to suck on his fist or how ever many fingers he can fit inside his mouth. I always said I'd give my child a passy before I let them suck on their fingers. A passy I can take away, fingers I can't. But what am I suppose to do? I've tried every single brand of passy that Target sells. Nothing works. So, I guess I'm left with a finger sucker ((sigh)). I'm trying to look on the bright side though and be thankful that he's found something other than a boob in his mouth to soothe himself with.
Breastfeeding is going great. There seems to be no issues as of yet. I'm thankful for that, but at the same time jealous of all my formula feeding friends that can drop their babies off at the grandparents and go on a date night, sleep without interruption, have a little flexibility in their schedule and not having to think of places to go where I can hide away in a dressing room to feed the baby or trying to find a parking space that's not at a store front window or around a crowded area. Now, not only do I have to time everything around Logan's very particular sleep schedule, but I also have to time everything around when Nate is going to eat. I know in the long run, breastfeeding is such a small part of their life and in no time I'll be adjusting to some other routine, but for now I'd like some flexibility or maybe just an hour away from home without kids. My next goal is to make it to 6 months. That will be February. On one hand I can't wait to get to the point where I've met my goal and feel is ok to stop, but on the other hand if it's still going as well as it is now and he's still growing so well, I don't see why I would stop then.
He has been sleeping in his cradle consistently now for a while. Brent is on vacation next week and I plan on getting him transitioned to his crib then. I've been putting him in his crib for a nap or two a day and letting him "play" in there when I change out the laundry or take a shower, so I'm hoping he's getting use to it and I'll be able to ease him into his crib without issue.
He goes to the Dr again on Dec 21, so I'll update with his stats then.
1 comment:
Pssssssh, I wish I could get some sleep at night! That's not even happening with the formula. Jake slept longer when he was breastfed, crazy!!!! Before you know it you won't remember any of it =) All the stress is only temporary. You were so stressed about it going good this time, be thankful that it's going so well! I'm jealous...I wish our experience hadn't been so painful. Six months is a good goal, you can do it! Almost there!
Post a Comment