Nate only woke up once last night. He didn't stir or whine at any other time! Problem is, I seem to not be adjusting to his new schedule as easily. I laid awake for a while last night, I guess in anticipation of him waking at his normal times. I hope I adjust soon!!
I did get enough sleep that I'm skipping nap time today to sew. I'm making the kids a "Bag-o-Tricks" for the car ride to the beach. Just a cinch bag with their favorite things. For Logan I made sock puppets, a lap board covered with felt and I redneck laminated some stickers with layers of packaging tape and am adding velcro so he can make little scenes or whatever on the felt. Also some letters with velcro. I've also made him a crayon roll and adding a note book so he can draw. For Nate I'm going to add his favorite hand toys and hoping to make some felt and crunchy toys for him to explore. I'm also adding their favorite snacks and sippy. I'm trying to hide it all from Logan beforehand so it's all new and undiscovered so he's more interested in them. It's only a 5 hr trip, but if our 4 hr car ride home is any indication, it will probably take more like 7 hrs with stops for the boys to get out and stretch. I'm hoping my "Bag-o-Tricks" makes the stops a little less frequent. I'm sure you're wondering why I'm making it instead of buying? Well, I just wanted to see if I could...and use up some of my stockpile of craft supplies.
No comments:
Post a Comment