Oh poor blog, how I've deserted you for the last month.
I had my first OB appointment August 9th. Everything was perfect. We got to see #3 for the first time and her heart was just a fluttering away. Such a comforting sight to see....and scary at the same time, having a life live inside of me (AGAIN!!). I'm 12 weeks today. I've lost a lot of weight. In the two weeks before I found out I was pregnant I had lost somewhere around 8-10 lbs (I can't remember exactly). Once I found out I was pregnant, I stopped my diet and gained back a couple pounds. Since then I've lost an additional 9 lbs. I'm down 15 lbs total. I'm smaller right now than I was when I got pregnant with Logan. Sadly, I know that will not stick around for too much longer, haha. I'm feeling ok. I have a ton of food aversions. I can't stand the look of meat, much less cook with it. Poor Brent has been having many meatless meals, like corn chowder or pinto beans and cornbread. I can cook bacon and sausage this time around so we've had several breakfast for supper days. I absolutely want nothing to do with meat. I don't really have any nausea unless I've not eaten. I have to eat before I get hungry or I feel sick.
My main complaint is that I'm exhausted. Exhausted doesn't even describe how tired I am, not even remotely. Nate's molars are giving him a hard time so he's been waking up once a night where I have to go in an comfort him and he usually wakes up 1-2 more times and whines himself back to sleep. I don't have to get up those times but I still hear him in the monitor. Logan has had some sort of sleep issue since we took passy away back in February. Currently I believe he is having nightmares/night terrors. I also think he sleep walks and sleep talks. Sometimes he's sitting up in bed crying and seems awake but definitely isn't. Last night he fell asleep on the couch, I left him there so Brent could carry him up when he got home from work. Logan seemed to wake up, he even agreed to lay down so I could change his diaper and take him to bed. He looked a little wide eyed, but so does Brent when he wakes up from a dead sleep so I thought he was just tired. Apparently, he wasn't really awake because he jumped up as I was changing him, ran into the playroom (which is somewhat the path to our bedroom had he been in his bed) and was screaming for me. He kept saying his legs were hurting (I later figured out they had fallen asleep). He finally woke up and realized where he was and then was all confused and questioning why he was downstairs and not in bed. Gah. It was a 30 minute ordeal. At least I wasn't already in bed. A couple nights before that he woke up in the middle of the night and was beating on the gate on the stairs and yelling for me to open it for him and was very upset that I wouldn't. I'm not sure if he was awake or not that night. During nap time I hear him talking a lot, several times he's been crying. I go in to check on him and he's passed out. It's something every night. Most of the time I just have to carry him back to bed, but then he's up again in another hour or so. Several nights he's ended up in bed with us. I don't know what to do. I've tried a night light, door open, door closed, curtains open, curtains closed, fan on, fan off. Comfort items like his monkey pillow pet or dinosaur. His Buzz Lightyear and Woody toys. Letting Jade sleep with him (he wouldn't stop playing with her so she had to come out). I read somewhere that sometimes sleep apnea causes kids to wake often through the night. He doesn't snore though, which is a sign of sleep apnea. I'm going to ask the pediatrician about it at his well check, but that's another 6 weeks away. Oh my goodness, he's going to be 3 years old in 6 weeks!!
Nate is growing so fast. He's really starting to show his personality and be a little demanding. He gets super jealous if Logan is sitting in my lap and will literally try to push Logan off of me. Neither of them like sharing me at all. He eats pretty much anything except veggies. He ate a hard boiled egg off a salad I got at Applebee's the other day. He ate cottage cheese a couple days before that. He's a big fan of dairy and I'm having to give him apple juice every day to keep him from getting stopped up. He switched over to whole milk just fine. I didn't even have to mix it with formula. He doesn't care as long as it's in a specific cup. He's talking a lot more, but has only added "Jade" to his vocabulary. He repeats almost anything I try to get him to repeat. He follows commands really well. He pulled a toy out of the toy box while I was cleaning and getting ready for nap time. I told him to put it back...and he did!! I thought it was just coincidence so I tried it again with something else later in the day and he did it again. He's done it most every time since then too. He's not walking yet, but as soon as he does he's going to take off running. He's really fast when crawling and can run in his walker. He chases Logan around the house in his walker and it's quite hilarious. Logan is afraid he's going to run over his toes, which doesn't feel good at all, and Nate thinks it's so fun to torture his brother. Nate is starting to pay Logan back for all the torture over the last year. Logan will be sitting in the floor watching TV or playing with a car and Nate will crawl over as fast as he can and tackle him. Nate growls when he wrestles in the floor with Logan or when he attacks a pillow. It's so cute.
The boys both started "school" the first week of August. Nate goes 1 day a week from 9-12 and Logan goes 3 days a week from 9-12. Logan loves it. Nate couldn't care less. He's such a laid back baby. A lot of the kids are crying at the door or hanging onto their mom's leg but Logan runs right in and doesn't even look back or wave bye. Next week he gets to be the class helper, which means we provide snacks for the week and he gets to be the line leader and gets to bring the class mascot (an owl) home with him and record the owls adventures in a journal.
Logan is doing really well with potty training and I think we are almost there. He has been wearing underwear (which he calls panties, hahahahaha) and shorts for the past two days and hasn't had an accident....but he's been holding his BM for those days too, so we'll see where that takes us. I plan on taking him out of the house this weekend in just his "panties" and see how he does and hopefully start going to school on Tuesday without diapers!!
Sorry this got so long! Hopefully I won't neglect blogging as much once I get some energy back. As soon as my computer is fixed, I'll post pics from Nate's birthday party.
1 comment:
I love how you said "her heart was just fluttering away"..keeping my fingers crossed :) Glad everything went great! I feel so bad that you aren't getting much sleep and the way you are describing Logan is the way Noah was when he had night terrors. It was a horrible thing! Hopefully you will get some rest before #3 arrives!
Post a Comment