Thursday, December 1, 2011

Another Month...

Has gone by since I blogged?! There's been a lot going on it seems and a lot of the same ol', same ol' too.

Pregnancy is going great. I feel a lot better than I did last time I blogged. Definitely tired but I'm not nearly as sore as I was. I'm pretty much par for the course compared to Logan and Nate. I had my doctors appointment yesterday. All is well. Baby's heart beat was 147. My blood pressure and measurements were fine. I passed my gestational diabetes glucose test. I finally gained back what I lost in the beginning. I am 25 weeks today. We have finally decided that Graham will be his first name. We are still stuck on a middle name, but it will probably be Chambers or some derivative of Johnson. We always use at least one family name, we just have to figure out which one.

We had a busy month of November. We had a football party towards the beginning of the month. We are slowly but surely starting to at least make acquaintances with other families. It went over really well and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. We went home the weekend before Thanksgiving. Laura flew in and while she was in we had her baby shower. It was a huge success and a lot of fun, and of course a little chaos and a crisis or two thrown in. We also had Thanksgiving dinner with Brent's family and my family. The next weekend was Black Friday. I truly felt the meaning of shop til you drop. I started at Fred's of all places at 5 a.m. and scored some rockers for our front porch. I can't believe that of all the deals, I was at Fred's when the doors opened. I went to Walmart Thanksgiving night trying to get some sheets and a picture frame set but after walking around, weaving in and out of people for nearly 2 hrs without finding the first thing I called it quits. I drove by Target to see if it was open yet. The line to get in was so long that I didn't even park, I just turned around and went back home. Friday I got to Joann's by 6:30 and I spent hours there. It was not crowded at all, surprisingly, and I dreamed and designed quilts in my head, got fabric cut for several other quilts for upcoming babies and for homemade holiday gifts. I had so much fun at Joann's. I think I ended up with 30 yards of fabric. Good thing it was only $1.49/yd before my coupon! I got one rag quilt done for one of Brent's grandmothers and another one half way done. I need more backing. I guess it's harder than I thought to calculate how much fabric I needed at 6:30 a.m., haha.

December is looking just as busy. This weekend we're going to Atlanta to visit Josh and Taylor. Saturday at noon we have tickets to have lunch, hayride and a train ride all with Santa at the Duluth railroad. Logan has been talking about riding Santa's train since we rode Thomas back in the Spring, so I'm sure he'll love it! Next weekend we are getting our family pictures taken. I always wait til the last minute and can never find a photographer, so we're just going back to Portrait Innovations to have them done. We're going early in the morning so hopefully everyone is still in a good mood and awake. The third weekend we're headed to Chattanooga to stay with Julie and go to Mama O's Christmas dinner. The next weekend is Christmas Eve. Brent may have to work just a little that morning, but then he's off the rest of the day, Christmas Day and the day after Christmas. Laura and Ben are flying in sometime Saturday, Brent's Mimi's Christmas Dinner is at 6:00 Christmas Eve night and then we have to get ready for Santa to come. Logan is all about Santa this year. It's so exciting to see the magic of Santa through his eyes. Santa even called him on the phone yesterday to see if he was being a good boy and told him he was sending reindeer to watch him. I've never seen such excitement on his face. He even talked to him too, I was surprised. He has asked for a big tractor that he can put keys in and drive, and that is exactly what Santa is bringing...although I'm not sure it requires keys. He's going to love it!

No comments: