Monday, April 30, 2012

Another Week

Another week of fun adventures has come and gone. This weekend we saw the Blue Angels Air Show on base. It was free to the public, which is awesome considering we've paid some hefty prices for the Chattanooga show in the past. Our friends, Josh and Taylor, and their family came down to see it with us. It's always nice to spend time with them!

Saturday, Brent was tied up with some stuff, so me and the boys drove out to the perimeter of the base, parked on the side of the road (with 1000's of other people), pulled the back hatch up on the Explorer and sat in the back and enjoyed the early part of the show. It was actually really fun sitting there with my 3 boys. All content. Logan and Nate mesmerized by the planes, Graham more than happy with a boob in his mouth (thank you tinted back windows!). But nap time came and went, they got fussy so we left an hour or so before the Blue Angels came on. Saturday evening the Bottoms crew joined us. We had some adult time while the children slept and/or watched movies. It's so nice to be around adults, especially adults with 3 children with similar parenting styles, who understand the chaos of everyday life.

Sunday we headed to the airshow. We had to park off base and they bussed us in. It's the first and probably only time I'll ever get to go on base. You have to have military/government ID to get on, on regular days. Based on what I saw the day before, we were expecting long waits and tons of chaos, but thankfully it was a lot calmer on Sunday. There was no wait at the buses and not too much trouble getting the strollers on and off. Someone had told me it was an act of congress to get a diaper bag through with all the security checks, but they barely even looked through it.

The show was great. It was HOT. So hot. The temp was 93 degrees, but I read to expect it to be 10 degrees hotter at the show due to all the concrete, asphalt and jets. I think they were right. I spent most of the show holding Graham under a canopy we made out of my moby wrap stretched between two strollers. It made for a poor view, sore butt and asleep legs, but I enjoyed letting Brent keep up with the other two for awhile, haha. We were wetting my nursing cover and wiping Graham down and dumping water on the big boys heads and rotating who got to sit in the strollers to keep everyone cool. Turns out it's really hard to hydrate for two in those conditions. I woke up Monday with a migraine and Logan throwing up. Luckily Brent was able to go in late til Logan was a little more manageable and my headache had subsided. I think everyone was a little sun drained. We had a lazy movie day today while we all recovered. Hopefully the stomach bug has left the building and doesn't reappear in anyone else.

Here's some pictures from our day!









1 comment:

Taylor said...

Love this post! We always enjoying coming to visit and vice versa! It's nice having the kids together, letting them play (and fight!) and nobody getting uptight about it...that's what good friends are for =) Are you sure it was the stomach bug? I had a HORRID headache from the time we left your house until I went to sleep last night...as in I didn't want to talk or do anything else besides lay in the bed, and I never have really had a headache before. It was really bad! I'm thankful my mom was here when we got home so she could take care of the children while I laid in bed, that's how bad it was! I hope everyone is back to normal after a lazy day. Thank you so much for having us at your home and treating us like family! Next time we will come earlier so the kids go to sleep on time and we can enjoy more time together. Love & miss y'all!