We are pretty much settled in now. There's just a couple things left to hang. I'm sure we'll get around to it....someday! I like the area. I wish there was a Target closer. I got kind of spoiled in Atlanta and Warner Robins with a Target just down the road. I love me some Target!
One disappointment so far is there are no preschool programs like the one they were going to in Warner Robins, nearby. There is Mother's Day Out at Bayside Baptist but it is full and there is a waiting list. I really liked them getting some social interaction with kids their age (and some quiet time for me too!), so maybe we can find a group or something to get them involved in. We started going to Story Time at the library last week. It was a COMPLETE disaster. Logan was pestering other kids, he wouldn't sit still, he wouldn't participate in the song and dance, Nate wanted to do exactly what Logan was doing so he was acting out as well. We ended up leaving early and they didn't get to do the craft, which upset them...so maybe they will be better this week!
I really, really like being near the lake. I'm pretty sure I was meant to live on the water. I think I've mentioned it before, but there's something so peaceful about being near or on the water. I think I need my own dock, a hammock, a cool breeze, Mommy Capri Sun, a book and a sunset. Can you make that happen, Brent?
I love, love, love Brent's new schedule and job. The 4 days he works are long days, but the 3 days he is off are ahhhh-mazing! He's not constantly on the phone or checking email, he's not getting text messages and calls during dinner from his boss, no mandatory conference calls at all times of the day, no middle of the night calls due to mechanical/server/injury/disgruntle employee issues. He's not coming home frustrated and overwhelmed.
Last week we had a little 4th of July gathering. We won a ton of fireworks, so we invited some people over last minute to shoot them off. I love entertaining so it was right up my alley. I didn't get to go all out like usual because it was a last minute thing, but I had fun just having people over! It's been so long since I've entertained friends. I can't wait to have more cookouts!
Speaking of parties, I have started preparing for Nate's 2nd birthday! It will be at our house. We are having a Luau/water theme. Slip N Slide, kiddie pool, water balloons, bubbles, sidewalk spray chalk, etc. It will be Sunday Aug 12. Sometime after church. Mark it on your calendars! I'm thinking we'll have Pigs in a Blanket for our "pig roast", goldfish for the "fish fry", frozen fruit skewers, chips/dip, Hawaiian punch, etc.
Update on the boys:
Logan: Is a WILD CHILD! He can be so good and so bad at the same time. He is SO smart. The things he says and remembers, his thought process...it's just mind blowing sometimes. Today we started doing a little bit of school time. We are working on letter/number recognition and writing mostly with some color/shape review worked in. The next two weeks we are doing "I is for Insects". He already recognizes a capital I. I gave Nate a coloring page today with an iguana on it while Logan and I worked on something else. Logan ended up coloring too. He mostly stayed within the lines, which surprised me. Later this evening he was showing Brent the picture he colored and I asked him what letter Iguana started with. He thought for a minute and said "E!". I know it's the wrong letter but I was SO IMPRESSED because if you think about it, iguana does sound like it starts with an E. He also managed to cut on the line with some scissor skills worksheets (who knew cutting was a preschool/Kindergarten requirement?!). He named all the colors. I had plastic bugs and a print out of a jar and asked him to put a specific number of bugs in the jar. I would say "can you put eight bugs in the jar?" and he got it right every time! All the way to 10 anyways. He recognized his name, which I wrote out on his school box (they were working on that in his class in Warner Robins). Anyways, I was proud of what all he knew already.
Nate is a little chatterbox now. He speaks sentences 99% of the time. He's still at the age where he's so very eager to please mommy and does anything I ask him to do. Praise works better than discipline with him. He has to go to the corner occasionally and the poor sad face he makes when he's in the corner breaks my heart. He stands there like a big boy, doesn't talk or move, until I say he can get out. He can count to 10 now. He picked it up on his own. I haven't purposely taught him. When him and Logan are fighting over a toy or won't share I say "Logan, I'm counting to 10 and then it's Nate's turn"...so I think he picked it up from that. He asks to sing Jesus Loves Me every night as a part of his bedtime prayers. He can sing most of the words. It's so cute to hear him sing :) He also knows Twinkle, Twinkle and Rock a By Baby and.....Red Solo Cup. Thank you, Brent, for teaching that to our kids! I heard it nonstop today!
G Baby is growing like a weed! He is in 6-9 mos clothes already. I weighed him yesterday and he was around 16 lbs. I have no idea how accurate my scale is though. He was 4 months on the 8th. He is rolling across the room and pushing up on his hands somewhat. He is reaching, swatting and grasping toys. He loves to watch the lights on his play mat and watch the ceiling fan. He smiles and giggles at everything! Baby giggles are the best! He'll be crawling before we know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment