Being parents of two has definitely been interesting....and Logan has only been here for a little over 24 hrs!
Things were going well until bedtime yesterday. Logan went to sleep like normal, or so we thought. Every night I check on him before I go to bed. Last night when I open the door I found Logan asleep on his floor! He didn't make any noise while going to sleep, he didn't fuss or cry. But apparently, without us hearing or knowing, he got out of bed and decided to sleep on his floor. Opening the door of course startled him and apparently he got a little frightened when he realized he was asleep on the floor. About that time Nate starts crying and Logan, being the sweet big brother he is, wanted to check on him. Brent was trying to calm Nate, who was hungry, so we switched kids so I could feed Nate and he could put Logan back to bed. I laid down with Nate on the bed to nurse him. Logan was still concerned about his baby brother so Brent brought him back in to let him see that Nate was ok. Logan was NOT HAPPY that Nate was getting to lay with me in bed and he wasn't. He decided that he wanted to go "night, night" with me too and laid down on the bed. Obviously, we don't want this to become a habit so after he laid there for a minute Brent took him back to bed, which didn't go well at all. He was screaming bloody murder for me. When I thought Nate was through nursing I went to lay down with Logan, who was still crying for me. It probably hurt me more than him that he wanted me and I couldn't immediately be there. Logan was dozing off and apparently I had too right about the time Brent came in and woke me up to tell me Nate was hungry. This woke Logan up and the whole cycle starts over again, except Brent got him to sleep this time. It wasn't til around 12:30 that we all got settled in for the night.
Today has gone a little better. The only thing Logan gets upset about is Nate having a blanket. Logan has laid claim on every single blanket in the house and does not want anyone else having his "kankie". He's tried to pull the blanket off Nate or out from under him. Luckily I've always been right there and he's not pulled Nate off the couch and obviously we're being careful about where we put him now that we know Logan will steal his blanket.
Something cute that happened today. Logan was watching me nurse Nate and he told me "bite". At first I thought he meant "bite, bite" which is what he calls food so I told him that this is how Nate gets "bite, bites" and his milk. But then I realized that Logan was telling on Nate for biting me! Haha! Logan has started a little bit of biting so he hears that word often.
No comments:
Post a Comment