Sometimes I get down on life, my situation. No family nearby, a husband that works a lot, no sleep, terrible two's, etc. But then I walk out the front door and am reminded of my neighbor. She is 7 months pregnant with her second, her first is 16 months and not walking yet, her family is in Indiana....and her husband is deployed. He might be back before the baby comes, but recently received an email asking him to stay longer. I can not imagine what chaos her life must be. I couldn't even go to the doctor without Brent watching Logan, much less not having help with bed time, dinner, and all the everyday stuff. I remember how exhausted I was while pregnant and having a demanding, hyperactive toddler and there's no way I could have done it by myself.
I know that's the way of a military life/wife and a lot of people say that they signed up for it so they have no room to complain, but that doesn't make her situation any easier.
It just makes me realize just how lucky I am. I may not have family nearby to help with the kids a lot, but Brent's job enables me to stay at home and raise the boys, which is of the utmost importance to me. He is able to come home everyday and I don't have to worry about him losing his life in a war. His job has afforded us a life style that I never imagined possible for a little girl from Chickamauga, GA. We have a nice home, good cars, go on vacation, etc. I know "things" and money aren't everything, but it does make for an easier life. There's no worries about how the bills will get paid or if we'll eat dinner, like so many families out there. I'm very, very fortunate and I need to not take it for granted so much.
Thank you, Brent, for being an amazing father and husband. Your hard work and dedication to work is just another example of how dedicated you are to your family, by wanting to provide the absolute best life for us. The boys and I are so very lucky to have you and I thank God for you everyday. Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment