These kids have GOT TO SLEEP or I might seriously loose my mind (more than I already have). Nate is going through this stage where he just wants to eat and eat and eat. Then he gets full of air and a burp gets stuck. He pitches an absolute fit while I'm trying to help him get it out, which sometimes is a 30 minute ordeal. Then he's too awake to go right back to sleep so I have to start rocking and sometimes even let him nurse again and just hope the whole ordeal doesn't repeat. I can't let him cry it out because it wakes up Logan. That reminds me, I need to get a new fan for Logan's room for more noise. For weeks now Nate's been up every hour and then Logan is usually up by 6:00. I keep thinking growth spurt, but it's been going on too long now for that to be it. Last night, Nate started his whole ordeal at midnight. Then Logan was up at 2:00 and would not go back to sleep. Juice, singing, cuddling, etc...didn't work. He finally went back to sleep around 4:30. I remembered this morning that he was attacked by mosquitoes yesterday and he was probably itching. Seriously, the poor boy walked in after being out maybe 10 minutes without his shirt on and he had 10 new bites. I was feeding Nate and just let him stay out until I finished and he was COVERED! He went out for a few minutes this morning and has 3 more. We've got to figure out something to get these mosquitoes under control!
Nate's giving me trouble again going down for the night too. It usually stems to Logan being way too loud but a lot of times Brent isn't home yet, so I'm not really sure what to do about that. Nate has music on his swing that I turn on even if he's not in it, but if it gets too loud in there I can't hear what Logan's doing. The other day I was trying to get Nate down for a nap and I hear the garage door open. I rush downstairs and Logan has unlocked the deadbolt, gotten into the car and pushed the garage door opener. Oh boy, was he in TROUBLE! He could have gotten kidnapped, run over, or even suffocated in the hot car. He really scared me. I have a friend with a 3.5 year old and he's just now tall enough to reach the deadbolt and hasn't figured it out yet. I guess Logan's height is a disadvantage sometimes.
This too shall pass......right?? Seriously, I'm going on 3 years of not sleeping through the night. Let's hope it passes soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment