I had my second OB appointment Wednesday. All my bloodwork came back fine and baby's heart beat was 162. My blood pressure was fine and they didn't mention my weight loss, other than to say "oh, you lost weight". I'm 13 weeks 1 day today. I feel fine most of the time. I'm still tired but it seems I'm starting to have more energy some days.
Logan has been wearing big boy underwear during the day for a week now. He's only had 2 accidents since last Friday and no accidents at school. He's gotten up a couple times at night to tell me he needs to potty but has only ended up completely dry once. I guess it just took him being ready to potty train and not on anyone elses time. I kind of felt like everyone thought I was slacking since he wasn't trained yet, but he just wasn't having it. He's doing good at school. I almost feel he needs to be in the next level up, but birthday/age wise he can't. He's just so much bigger and advanced than everyone else. This month their topics are apples, the color red and the nursery rhyme "1, 2, buckle my shoe". The only one of those he doesn't know is the nursery rhyme, but he knows how to count to 10, which is what that promotes. Even physically most of the other kids still look, talk and act like a baby. Maybe he does too and I don't see it or maybe i expect too much out of him....or maybe he's just a little ahead. His daddy was always smart, so who knows. He was super excited to bring Hoot (the class mascot) home with him this weekend. There's a little notebook with Hoot and the mom's have wrote about Hoot's adventures and even taken pictures. Poor Hoot won't have any pictures this week though. We went to feed the ducks and ride the tractors at the orchard and take pictures, but apparently my camera has decided to not work. I have the worst luck with electronics. He asked me last night to say the "God the Father" prayer, so if anyone knows of a children's prayer that says "God the Father" let me know. I have no idea what he's talking about other than the Apostles Creed, which says "I believe in God the Father" but I doubt they are teaching that to two year old.
Nate is doing great. He sleeps through the night most nights. His molars still haven't came through, but he seems to be dealing with it better. He's still eating like a little pig and even ate a couple boiled peanuts at the orchard today. He's added a couple more words. He'll point to the stove when I'm cooking and say "hot". And of course now that I'm trying to document it, I can't remember what else it is that he's saying.
Our friends, Josh and Taylor, came down last weekend to visit. We watched the UGA game here Saturday night. I cooked low country boil, sausage balls and fried pickles for us to pig out on. Sunday afternoon we went to lunch and to the Aviation Museum. For the first time ever, we completed the whole museum. Of course Logan and Jackson wanted to run through it so we didn't, and probably won't ever, get to read all the signs. We had a great time with our friends and miss them so much!
We're headed to Chickamauga next Saturday for a wedding. Laura is a bridesmaid, so she'll be in town. Excited to see her and her baby belly!! They found out today what they're having but it hasn't been officially announced to the whole family so I can't post it here yet. I can't wait for the news to be out!!
2 comments:
At this age it's really hard for everyone to be on the same level in preschool. Once he hits pre-k (age 4-5) everyone should be about the same (with the normal exceptions of course). I always felt like that with Jackson too, because he was usually older than most with a birthday in December. But it is good for them to be the top achiever in their class ;)
We had a good time too, thanks for having us.
I hate how it never gives me the option to email follow up comments!
Post a Comment