Tonight our college friend Ryan and his wife, Esther and their kids, Thijs and Noa, came over. Thijs is almost 3, Noa is around 6 months. The kids had so much fun playing and us adults had so much fun catching up. It was just like old times, plus the kids. It was exactly what we've been missing so much of for the last 6 years.
Already, on just our third official day in town, we've been invited to meet for dinner and a boat ride, to ride the Ducks downtown, to play in the water at the aquarium, to a Father's Day cookout, to a birthday party, and 2 showers. All of which we would have never been able to do living away. A lot of those things conflict with others and we can't do all of them, but just having a friend over tonight is a huge deal. I loved it. It was the perfect evening.
I've missed this so much. I'm so thankful to be back in town.
No comments:
Post a Comment