Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I Told You

I wanted to stay busy this week! And so far we have!

Sunday we went to my parents to have homemade ice cream for Father's Day.

Monday, me and the boys went to Harrison Bay and swam in the lake. The big boys loved finding pretty rocks in the water, throwing rocks, splashing, and wading around. I forgot my phone in the car, so I didn't get any pictures. :(

Tuesday, we went to the "zoop"....or the zoo, as everyone but Logan calls it. It was pretty hectic keeping up with two kids running in opposite directions and looking at different animals, but thank goodness it wasn't crowded and I managed ok. Warner Park Zoo is totally different than what it was when I was a kid. It seems to have the same type of animals, mostly monkeys and birds, but with fancy enclosures and landscape. We weren't just walking from cage to cage like we did as kids. It still has nothing on the Minnesota or Atlanta zoo. I couldn't stop them long enough for pictures here either. We also ran over into nap time and they crashed fast so I was dragging them both out of there best I could without someone calling the cops ;)

Today we went for a boat ride. My parents brought up the fishing boat so we could take the boys for a little ride. Mom stayed with Graham while Dad, Logan, Nate and I went riding. When Graham was ready to eat, Mom met us back at the dock. The boys LOVED riding in the boat. We stopped a couple times on little beachy areas to let them swim and they enjoyed finding shells and throwing rocks. There's just something about being on the water that takes all your cares away and refreshes me. I think for me it's because we went to the lake so much as kids. It reminds me of being a carefree kid, I guess. One day I hope we can get a boat and provide that serenity, if you will, for them as well.

Tomorrow I am hoping to make it to the Summer Kids Movie at Northgate. I'm not sure we'll be up, ready and out of the house on time though. Tomorrow evening Julie is coming over to visit and see the house. Friday, me and the kids are meeting my friends for dinner in Ft O. Brent lands around midnight Friday night and I CAN'T WAIT for him to be home!!

Saturday we are going to Thijs' birthday party and spending LOTS of time with Brent.

No comments: