Saturday, June 28, 2014

Motorboatin'

Today was perfect. Well, aside from the sunburn.

We've been working off and on for a year to get the boat ready. The boat was my dad's, but it got a lot of heat/fire damage when his shop burnt. He didn't want to fool with repairing it, so he sold it to us. I will never, ever take on another upholstery job like that again, but after today, I'm so glad I finished it!

We finally got all the pieces back in yesterday. After 2 or 3 years of sitting without use, it still started up within just a few minutes. Other than a newborn baby's cry, it might have been the best sound ever! haha

Today we worked out a few quirks and got it on the water. Other than a rain shower and Brent making me a nervous wreck while Dad showed him the ins and outs, it was the perfect day! Elsie is here staying with my parents while her mom and dad go to a wedding in Atlanta. She got to go with us too and she loved it! She is definitely a water baby.

We ended the evening with a nap, someone who wants to rent the Warner Robins house and me working a little.

Can everyday be like this?

Here's some pics of the finished upholstery. I had before photos, but they are on my crashed iphone. Just imagine lots of melted vinyl and that's probably close ;)









No comments: