
The first weeks home were the most amazing, tiring, dream come true I could have ever imagined!
My Mom stayed with us to help out with the baby and around the house the first week. She was amazing to have around. I seriously don't think I touched one dirty dish or dirty clothes the entire time. She kept up with the dogs, groceries, checking the mail, etc...all the little things that get away from you if you don't stay on top of them. Her and Logan had MawMaw time every evening when he was really awake and alert and I think he's already missing it ;) .
Thursday, Oct. 23, was Logan's first outing. He had to go to the Dr. for a weight check and to check for jaundice. He weighed 7 lbs 1 oz at birth, 6 lbs 11 oz at discharge and 6 lbs 14 oz at this Dr's appt. so we were making progress! I was sooo worried that he hadn't gained any weight and they were going to ask me to supplement, which I really didn't want to do. He also didn't have any jaundice and he had the required amount of wet and dirty diapers so they sent us off with a clean bill of health and a followup appointment in 10 days to check his weight again. After this next appt. he won't have to go back til his 2 mth check up. We also went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. He was so good and just slept the entire time. It was really nice to get out of the house since I had been couped up all week. Later that evening, we went to Walmart and left Logan with my Mom. We had the announcements made and got a couple odds and ends that we needed. The announcements are so cute and finally in the mail. Both of us rushed around Walmart trying to get everything done and get home before he was hungry again. Every time my phone rang I would freak out but it was just Brent looking for me, since we had split up to get the things we needed in a hurry. Logan and Mawmaw had a good time together while I was gone. He didn't miss me at all :( I did feel a little guilty for leaving him, especially at less than a week old but I figured it was my only opportunity for a while, so I might as well take advantage of it.
Nino and Loca did pretty good around Logan. Nino became his watch dog and would lay beside him to guard him and sometimes tried to give him kisses on the face and hands. Nino definitely did not let Loca get within 3 feet of Logan without trying to tear her head off. Loca is pretty ticked off at us. She kept her distance for the most part and just moped around, she's definitely depressed that she's not our baby anymore. Apparently, he's use to their crazy barking because he wouldn't even flinch if they went nuts over something.
This past Wednesday, Oct. 29, Brent's work threw us a shower. They were so generous and got us tons of things. Logan got a picture package to Picture People, a jumperoo, cash, diapers, and lots of UGA clothes.
Monday, Nov. 3, was Logan's followup appt to check his weight and make sure he'd gained back all that he'd lost in the hospital. He now weighs 8 lbs 7 oz (25 oz in 10 days)!! Wow, what a big boy!! This means breastfeeding has been successful and I'm so glad I've stuck with it! I'm so proud of us!! He is pretty much out of his NB size diapers and into size 1's. I'm trying to use up the last of the NB's though, just to be my frugal self and let nothing go to waste, but I'm starting to have to change his clothes too often for his and my liking.
***EDIT*** (11/5/08) I've been trying to get this post ready to post for 2.5 weeks now and just can't seem to keep up so I'm going to post what I've got and hopefully not get so far behind next time. Who knew having a newborn who sleeps 16 hrs a day was so much hard work that I couldn't even keep up with my blog!! I promise I'll start doing better!!
No comments:
Post a Comment