Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's already been a month?










People were right when they said time flies even faster once you have children. Logan is already a month old. It's seems like we just left the hospital yesterday. According to my "accurate" method of measurement, he now weighs 11 lbs. Wow, what a big boy!! That's pretty much a pound a week!! He has all the required dirty and wet diapers and that along with the weight gain means that we are still breastfeeding successfully. He's starting to sleep better at night. He still has the occasional up every hour night, but they are coming less frequently. Two nights ago he only got up once and then last night he got up twice. It's nice to get a solid 3-4 hours straight of sleep every now and then! I read online that until 4 months it's normal for him to get up once or twice a night to eat, so he's doing everything like he is suppose to. He slept in his crib for the first time last night. My goal was to have him in his room by 6 weeks. I did better than I thought I would with him not being in arms reach and out of sight but I did manage to situate the monitor to where I could hear him breathe ;) .

Julie, aka Granny J, came down last weekend to visit. She got lots of time with Logan and I'm pretty sure there's no sugar left for Maw maw or Lisa this weekend. Friday night we went to Cracker Barrel for dinner, which has become our favorite spot since Logan arrived. Logan was really good while we were there and didn't cause a scene. Saturday night we went to Shoki, a Japanese place, and I finally had my first glass of wine in almost a year and it was absolutely wonderful! She brought down her fancy camera and we had a little family photo shoot. I took some with my camera as well and they turned out pretty good and I can only imagine how well hers turned out. I can't wait to see them, hopefully they will be ready this weekend.

I finally found Logan an new pediatrician. I'm not sure if I wrote about the last pediatrician or not, but I definitely was not happy with her. Last time I took him in for his 2 wk weight check, I was the only person in the waiting room that spoke English and the place just felt dirty and rundown. Even the signs in the waiting area were in Spanish first, then English, if English was posted at all. The new ped is Gwinnett Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. They are in Hamilton Mill area which is a nicer area of town. Some of Brent's coworkers recommended them so I'm hoping it goes better at this office. Their website is very nice and from what I can tell from pictures it appears new and clean. His next appointment is Dec. 18.
Logan is doing some cute things now, well, they are cute to me anyways. He can recognize mine and his daddy's voice and will turn in whatever directions we are. He will follow us while walking across the room and will follow our hand with his eyes when waved in front of him. My favorite thing ever is when he's crying (well, not the crying part) and I go to pick him up and he curls up on my shoulder like it's his favorite place to be and immediately stops crying, it melts my heart every time. It's like he's saying "mommy, I love you so much!"

We have a busy week ahead of us but I'm really looking forward to everyone meeting Logan. Tomorrow I have to go pick up photos from Olan Mills. I hope tomorrow is warmer than it was yesterday and today, I'm not looking forward to getting him out in the freezing cold this winter but I can't stay couped up either. Friday I will spend packing for our first time traveling with a baby. I'm sure I'll pack way too much for him, but you never know how many outfits he will ruin with spit up. Saturday we will head out early. We are visiting Brent's grandmother and dad during the day and then heading to Soddy Daisy that evening for Brent's family's Thanksgiving. Somewhere I hope to squeeze in cooking with Mom since that use to be my favorite part of the holidays, the night before when we would cook everything. Sunday is my family's Thanksgiving at my parents and then that evening we are visiting Brent's Mimi's. We decided to squeeze everyone in this weekend instead of making two trips. This Thanksgiving will be the first holiday since we've been married that we get to spend at home as a family instead of doing insane travel, which I'm really looking forward to. We plan on putting up the Christmas tree and having a big dinner at home.

No comments: