This week has been really fun! We've really got to spend a lot of time together as a family.
Thursday was our first Thanksgiving without an insane schedule and traveling all over GA and TN. We decided to join some friends, Josh and Taylor, who also didn't have any family gatherings and have a nontraditional Thanksgiving dinner. We had Crab Bisque, Salad, Crab Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Red Lobster style Cheddar Biscuits, and for dessert Chocolate Pie and Key Lime Pie. It was really, really good! The boys watched a little football while us girls cooked up a storm. I had lots of fun just chilling and not going by any one's schedule but my own!
Friday Brent and I went out in the craziness called Black Friday and did a little shopping. Brent was thinking that Athens wouldn't be crowded since UGA students were gone for the holiday. I just said ok, even though I knew in the back of my head that he was in for a big surprise! The first place we come up to is Toys R Us, which is right beside Best Buy. It was about 6:45 a.m. and the parking lot for both, of course, was packed and people were fighting for parking spots. The whole town was crazy but it was nothing like the craziness of Hamilton Place and Gunbarrel Rd. back home. We did see two busted in rear windows at Toys R Us where people were probably breaking in cars and getting previously bought Christmas presents from inside the car. That was a little disheartening. Why would people do that?! I guess these desperate times call for desperate measures, but it's still uncalled for! I went ahead and let Logan know that Santa isn't real and I let him see all his Christmas presents early! Poor baby, I'm sure I've ruined him for life. Once again we did too much shopping for ourselves (the deals were just too good, ya know!) and not enough on everyone else so we barely put a dent into our Christmas shopping. I finally found the jumperoo I have been searching for all over Atlanta! A little background about the jumperoo...I put it on my registry and it was my favorite thing that I had found. It's a jumperoo shaped like a horse and it neighs and gallops when the baby jumps. It's sooo cute!! Anyways, I didn't end up getting it at the shower so Brent and I decided that we would get him that for Christmas since he wouldn't be able to use it before then anyways. Well, Frito Lay threw us a baby shower and they got us a jumperoo but not the horse one so I took it back to Babies R Us to get the horse one but learned that it had been discontinued! My heart was almost broken, I wanted him to have that thing so bad!! So I had given up hope until we walked into Wal-Mart and there it was, even in the right color (I wanted the one with the real horse colors and not the bright blue one)! Not only was it at Wal-Mart but it was only $35 when it was either $69 or $79 originally at Babies R Us! Santa is also bringing Logan and red wagon with seats, seat belts and even a sippy cup holder, so we can roll him around the neighborhood next Summer. Brent got a home gym for Christmas. He already has it put together and set up in the garage. We can work out every body part with this machine, it's really neat. Now all we need is a treadmill for some cardio so if you know of anyone trying to get rid of one, let us know!!
Saturday we finally put up our Christmas tree. We had been trying to get to it all week! Brent also put up some lights outside. I decided to make the lights on the tree flash this year since Logan enjoys lights so much. He sat in his chair by the tree for at least an hour last night, just staring at the tree! He loves the flashing lights!! I've already got some presents wrapped and under the tree. The mantel and fireplace are decorated as well. It's really starting to feel like Christmas around here and I'm really getting in the Christmas spirit. There's something about Black Friday shopping that always gets me in the Christmas mood.
I'll post some pictures of the outside lights and the Christmas tree as soon as I get a chance. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
We enjoyed having y'all have SO much! It was a wonderful Thanksgiving experience. I just wish we would have taken some pictures...opps! At least I got 2 pictures of the food.
Brent got a home gym? What a spoiled baby, hehe. I'm so glad you found the jumperoo, that thing really is cute. The wagon will come in handy for the next couple of years! We got one last Christmas and the kids just LOVE it. I use that thing more than the stroller.
I'm glad you enjoyed your first Thanksgiving as a family, it's definitely something to be thankful for. We're thankful for having friends like you and Brent! Love ya'll!
Post a Comment