Poor Nino is officially blind. I took him to the vet this afternoon and they said it's too far gone to save at this point. His surgery is scheduled for Wednesday to remove his eye.
Even though he's blind, he's getting around pretty good. If he doesn't hear us move the baby gate at night he won't come up the steps. We've mostly been carrying him up and down. In the mornings he always thinks Logan's closet is the steps, but once he gets oriented a little more he can figure out how to get down them. This morning there was a jacket laying on the steps that he got tripped up on and ended up in a half tumble, half run down the steps. He's a lot slower since he has to sniff his way around, but as long as things are where they are suppose to be he does fine. If the kitchen chairs are left pushed out he'll get tripped up on them, he also stumbled over my shoes I left in the living room. He also won't come across the kitchen threshold because there's usually a baby gate there, too. Sometimes he can't figure out which side of the door he needs to be on to go outside, so we have to bend down and snap in the right direction and then he figures it out. I'm hoping that once he gets use to it that we won't even notice. He does better outside. He still goes out by himself and comes back. During the day he's been hanging out near the house more instead of running off, but that's a good thing. At night he still likes to chase the deer in the back yard, I'm not sure how he manages that...
Reading over this, I made it sound really bad. But considering the circumstances he's getting around great!
No comments:
Post a Comment