This Saturday Brent and I leave for Phoenix! Our flight is around 10 a.m. and we will land in Arizona around 1:00. That Saturday is the Awards Banquet and Coaches Dinner. We will get to meet the coaches of the teams playing in the Fiesta Bowl and they will give some sort of speech and answer questions.
Sunday is my much anticipated spa day. Well, not really a whole day....they are giving me a $175 gift certificate, but the cheapest facial is $130 and they automatically add in 20% gratuity, so that makes my total $156. I really want a massage, but the spa and my Dr. said no since I'm still in the first trimester. Brent has a golf tournament on this day as well and they are giving us a dinner gift certificate to go out to eat on. I think it is for the restaurants in the resort, but I'm not positive. I remember looking at the resort restaurants' menus last time and they looked delicious...but very expensive. But, what I think I may be looking forward to the most, though, is SLEEPING LATE!!!! I don't have to be at the spa til noon!! They are giving me a gift certificate for breakfast that morning, but I may just sleep though breakfast and get yummies from the hospitality room on my way to the spa. Last time in the hospitality room they had all sort of chips and dips, desserts galore, peanuts, crackers, soft drinks....basically every Frito/Pepsi product known to mankind.
Monday is the Chalk Talk Brunch with the announcers of the Fiesta Bowl. Brent is going to this, but I am going to skip so I can go get our rental car. This ends at 11. At 1 we leave for the "College Football's Biggest Party"...which is basically a tailgate. Frito has their own VIP section with lots and lots of food and drinks. After this is the Fiesta Bowl itself.
Tuesday we are leaving bright and early for the Hoover Dam and Las Vegas!!!!!!! This is our "free day" so we want to take advantage of something we might not ever have the opportunity to do again. Last time we went to the Grand Canyon and Sedona, so we want to try something else out. I'm so very, very, very excited about seeing both these things. I really want to see that water show, but I'm not sure which casino it's at! We will probably do lots of walking around and taking pictures...and not so much gambling. It doesn't matter how much money we take for gambling, it's almost guaranteed to be gone within 2 hrs, haha. Who knows, though, maybe we'll come back millionaires. We want to stay at the Hard Rock. I just looked up prices and it's only $41/night. Some were as low at $25. They must be hurting for tourism...
Wednesday our flight leaves around 1:00 from Phoenix.
No comments:
Post a Comment