Logan had his 15 month appointment today. He weighed 21 lbs 12 oz (13%), 32-1/4 inches long (81%) and head circumference of 18.5 inches (44%). He has met all his milestones and then some! I thought he was suppose to know a lot more body parts and animal sounds, but he only needed a couple body parts and no sounds. All the doctor said was that he needed some meat on his bones, but since he eats more than I do most days she said there's not much we can really do about it. He got his chicken poxs and MMR vaccine today. I like that this office splits up the 1 yr shots since there's so many at once and so much controversy surrounding the MMR. These were his first shots in his arms which he did NOT like. I thought I was holding him down tight enough with the first one, but he flinched so much the needle came out and she had to poke him again. Bless his heart!
He is learning so much lately. He seems to do new stuff everyday, so much that I can't even keep up with what's new to blog about it!
He now knows what a chicken, dog and duck say. He will mostly only do these with daddy.
He has started to pretend A LOT! He has a little cup he "drinks" out of and then says "ahhhh" when he's done "drinking". He also likes to pretend drink out of water bottles, or even empty 2 Liters. He smacks at stuff like he's pretending to eat. He'll get a pot and a spoon and mix it like mommy does cooking dinner. He pretends to put baby powder on him. He crawls around in the floor shaking a toy in his mouth or barking like the dogs.
He has so many new words...I don't think I can think of them all, but some are "thank you" (especially when he finds something he's not suppose to have, he brings it to me "thank you, thank you, thank you"...I guess because every time he gets a hold of something he's not suppose to have I take it away and say thank you), bad boy (to nino), meanie, bite bite (when he's hungry he says bite bite and pushed his high chair out and stares at you til you put him in it),...oh, there's so many more I just can't think of them!
The other night we went to eat Japanese. In the middle of dinner he started playing peek-a-boo with his hands covering his eyes. I have NO idea where he picked this up because we've always used a blanket or washcloth...but it was so cute! He was playing that with me at the Dr's office today and started waiting on me to say "where's Logan" before he took away his hands.
He got a sit-n-spin for Christmas and although he can't use it as it's intended purpose yet, he really likes the music. He'll hit it and then dance around the living room til it goes off, then he'll hit it again! He's so cute dancing and has let us join in here lately. Before he wanted nothing to do with us dancing with him.
He's really gotten the hang of how to climb on things. He can get on and off the couch now without injuring himself. For some reason he really likes to sit on the back of the couch too. He can climb the steps now (even though we try to keep him off them but sometimes forget the gate) but he won't come back down. He can open the doors now. The child proof door knob things won't work on our interior doors for some reason so we had to get one of those annoying toilet lid locks. It's the worst to rush into the bathroom about to pee yourself and have to mess with that stupid lock!
He's been showing so much affection lately. He hugs and loves and has even started giving me sugar on the mouth. I can't decide if I like this or not because they are usually really snotty! haha! He'll come over, sit down beside us, cuddle up, lay on us, let us scratch his back for a minute. It's usually just for a minute or two but I love how he shows his love now. Oh, one of his new words, well really a phrase, is "love you".
He's been cutting teeth here lately. His 1 year molars are coming in...at least on one side. I wish they'd all come in together because I don't think I can take another round of this (or is it 3 more rounds...4 molars or 2??). For the last week and a half he's been waking up somewhere between 2 and 4 and staying up. He's not fussy when he wakes up, he just acts like it's playtime. It's almost literally drove me insane. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the problems was. I made sure he was not getting any sugar or juice after 5. I took away one nap. I extended his bed time. I made sure there were no changes in his diet. Nothing was working! Finally after a week of this he started drooling, chewing on his hands, had some diarrhea and his gums were swollen...so then I knew for sure it was teething! He had no teething signs before this, he was just awake and wanting to play in the middle of the night! I'd also been giving him generic Tylenol during the nights when I couldn't figure out what was wrong...Brent ended up bringing home name brand and it seems to work a ton better! I will be sticking to name brand Tylenol from now on. I was never one to fall for name brand medication and always, always bought generic, but not with this anymore! Anyways, he's still waking up but a new dose of Tylenol and ambesol seem to be doing the trick. He even slept til 9 a.m. this morning! I really wish he was still taking two naps, but I can't seem to get him back in that routine after taking one away for the past couple days. They generally drop their second nap from 14-18 mos, so I might have had another month or two left, but seems like I ruined that! Oh well, at least the 1 nap is a long one....usually around 2.5 hrs.
Oh, something he did cute today...He was over at his toy box in the living room. Brent asked him to bring him George. He reached over grabbed Curious George, gave it a hug and took it to Brent. We were so impressed! Maybe he really is listening! HAHA!
He's having lots of fits lately, but I'm not giving in! I think it's starting to sink in a little bit because they aren't lasting nearly as long now. He seems to be able to redirect himself better. I'm sure they will come back full force here soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment