Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ultrasound

Our first ultrasound was last Thursday. I was 8w3d that day. Everything went well! The baby measured 1.89 cm, which was 8 weeks 0 days and the heart rate was 178.

In comparison with Logan. I went for his first ultrasound on 8w1d. He measured 2.2 cm, 8w2d and his heart rate was 180. So they were very similar.

Placenta this time looks fundal and posterior (top and back), thank goodness. With Logan it was anterior, or on the front, and I didn't feel as much as one normally would, although if it were not anterior I don't think I could have stood it because he was so, so active. I'm hoping this baby has more my personality, lol.

I only have one gripe about the ultrasound though. I know it was just a dating ultrasound but at the hospital last time they were very, very thorough. Even though they were just checking for dates they also looked at everything else to make sure nothing was wrong, no subchorionic hemorrhage, etc. I know most probably don't know what any of that means, but working in Radiology I know a little more than average about these things, LOL! So, at the OB they just checked the size of the baby for dates, nothing else, which is a little aggravating. I wish it were more thorough, but even if they were there's really nothing to do about anything they found. One good thing about it is that they didn't do the transvaginal part! Yay!! Haha!

I'll post pics once I get them scanned in. Logan just crammed cars and fruit snacks in my printer/scanner so I have to get it cleaned out before I can do anything with it! Silly boy. They even printed me a 3D pic, which was odd at this stage but you can see lots of detail if you look close enough!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

OH COME ON!!!! That's all I've wanted to see! Glad to hear the placenta isn't anterior this time. Mine was with Jackson and I didn't ever feel as much movement as I did with Tristyn. Can't wait to see the picture!

And I can't believe you're already 9 weeks. I'm almost 17, time is flying!

Brandie said...

Can't wait to see the u/s pic!