Apparently, we're suppose to have a house full of boys. Baby #3 is definitely a boy. He weighs 12 ounces. I didn't see the Dr today but I did receive a call saying there were no abnormalities noted but I don't have a lot of other info. She didn't even let me watch while she was doing the scan and only went back when she was done to show me the face and boy parts and to get a couple pictures. The ultrasound tech did mention that I have some placenta previa. I don't know the exact degree yet but I have my regular OB appointment next week and hope to get more information then. Placenta previa means the placenta is touching or covering the cervix. I asked her if it was completely covering the cervix and she sort of hesitated and said "it's pretty darn close". I don't know if that means it's pretty darn close to covering it or it's just pretty darn close to my cervix. She did say she sees it a lot and they usually recheck it in 4-6 weeks and usually the placenta has moved. If it doesn't move I will have to have a c-section.
I just can't do a c-section. Not only will I feel completely ripped off of the birth experience but I'm down here by myself. From what I've read, the latest they will do a c-section with previa is 38 weeks. That's 10 days after Laura's baby is due if I'm able to wait that long. The goal is to make it to 36 weeks and usually includes a lot of bed rest. How am I suppose to recover from a c-section and take care of 3 babies down here all by myself or be on bedrest before baby comes? So let's hope this sucker moves....cause I don't really have the means to deal with the other option.
Why can't I ever go into a 20 week ultrasound and everything be completely normal? With Logan is was Down's markers, Nate possibly had a hole in his heart and now this. At least the baby is healthy so far.
Speaking of heart defects, they will send me to a pediatric cardiologist at 28 weeks to do an ECHO on the baby to make sure everything is ok.
We have absolutely no names in mind. There's hardly any other male family names we haven't used yet. Guess we better get to work!
As soon as I get Brent's phone to cooperate, I'll post pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment