Logan's voice has become very hoarse. He sounds like he has a really sore throat and he has been spitting up way more than usual. For a couple days he went through 4-5 outfits and I wasn't changing him over just a little dampness, he was really soaked! We went to the Dr. on Monday to see what was going on. Our big boy now weighs 12 lbs 13 oz now. That's up 1 lb and 1 oz in 6 weeks. I'm have to put his diapers on tighter though because he's growing so long and getting skinny. They didn't measure him but I'm sure he's grown a couple inches at least. They are thinking that he may have acid reflux. He showed no signs of any other illness to account for the scratchy throat sound. They prescribed him Zantac to see if that will work, but it may take a week or so to see any results. Wednesday he was a complete terror. I could definitely tell that he wasn't feeling good at all and he cried all day. Nothing soothed him unless he had a boob in his mouth (that soothes all boys, though, right?!). So not only was he extremely fussy on Wednesday but Brent was out of town and I had to work, so needless to say I was about to pull my hair out! I probably should have found someone to work for me but I just got back from having 12 weeks off and I didn't want to burden anyone else more than I already had. Yesterday was a lot better but he still seemed as though he didn't feel well, but at least I got some smiles unlike the day before. He doesn't take the Zantac well at all, I have to mix it with gripe water just to get it down. I don't blame him though, it tastes awful! They should flavor all medication for children if they expect them to take it. Especially something long term like Zantac. I can already tell that the spitting up has improved, so hopefully he will get his voice back soon.
We're coming home this weekend. My sister, Laura, may possibly be moving to Minnesota and we were suppose to have a going away party but her boyfriend hasn't received his contract yet so we didn't want to jump to any sort of party until everything was definite. It's kind of been up in air all week so we decided to go on up even though it seems as though there will be no party. It's a good excuse to get to see the family anyways. Mom is going to babysit for us Saturday evening. We haven't really had the opportunity to go places without the baby so it will be nice to go out with some friends, which I'm really excited about! Mommy needs a break! Sunday we are going up to see Julie and Dave and then we're heading back home in time to catch the Super Bowl. It should be a fun but quick trip.
In other news...Brent's building finished 10th in the nation for the year!! He doesn't act like it's that big of a deal but I think it is. He works so hard and he deserved every bit of praise he can get! Good job baby! I'm so proud of you!
1 comment:
Hope Logan feels better soon! Reflux is no fun.
Post a Comment