Monday, January 5, 2009

Did this really work?!?!

I sure hope I'm not jinxing myself but I think we may have a bedtime routine both Logan and I can deal with!!! Ahhhh, what a relief!

At 7:30 I gave him some cereal mixed with water, like I did earlier today but a little thicker. Once he got tired of that (he ate about 1 oz total, maybe a little more) and started refusing to open, I took him upstairs and got him in the bath tub. Then nursed/rocked him while listening to the lullaby CD, door shut, lights out and he's out like a light! No crying himself to sleep, no waking up as soon as I put him down....nothing, just SLEEP!!! I came downstairs at 8:30 and he hasn't made a peep yet (that was 20 min. ago)!!! YAY!!! I hope this works! Bedtime usually takes well over an hour and he's not usually down til around 10. It usually leaves me fed up and extremely frustrated, but right now I just feel a sense of relief! Lets hope and pray it stays this way!! Now off to watch my Monday night shows!

1 comment:

Taylor said...

What's the update? Did he sleep long?

I think the bath routine right before bed always helps ease them into sleeping. Then they get used to it and know that it's time to start winding down and getting ready to sleep.