Saturday, April 10, 2010
It Can Be Done!!
I guess around 6-7 mths ago I made a post about car seat safety and how we had chosen to leave Logan rear facing as long as possible due to the new studies and recommendations from the AAP and the NHTSA. When discussing this with others I had many people tell me there was no way, their child was wayyy too long at 12 mths and had to be turned, that he would kick, scream and pitch a fit because he couldn't see, he'd get carsick, and that I'd be turning him around in no time. Well, Logan is now 18 months and still happily rear facing. He doesn't seem to mind at all, but why would he? He knows nothing different. At his 15 mth appointment his Dr joked saying he was as tall as a 2 year old. He is very tall for his age but it doesn't seem to affect rear facing at all...other than the fact that he's almost too tall according to the limits of his seat. He has a few inches to go and he will have to be turned around according to safety guidelines of the seat but I'm hoping that he can make it to his second birthday, but if he outgrows his seat before then, I still did absolutely everything to keep my baby as safe as possible. So, for all you haters out there...IT IS POSSIBLE! haha. And I hope now that you know, you will do the same :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment