Thursday, April 1, 2010

Savannah



We had a great time in Savannah! We arrived late Thursday evening. We got a later start than we were hoping, but it worked out. We thought we were being smart and taking a route around Atlanta and Macon traffic, but I don't really think it worked out for the better.

Thursday night we met up with some other Frito-Lay peeps for some drinks (water for me!). I'm really starting to like a lot of these people and I seem to be seeing them more and more. I think we didn't head back to the room til around 1 a.m., which is EXTREMELY late for me! Seems these days I'm either going to bed shortly after Logan or right at 10 when I work the evening shift.

Friday, Brent was in a meeting from 10 to 3:00. The meeting was suppose to go til 6, but they let out early. The weather was BEAUTIFUL but I spent the day at the mall searching all over for Logan an Easter outfit that is also appropriate for Laura's wedding in late June, that also fit my fugalista budget. I'm soooo use to consignment prices that I just can't pay a lot for something in a regular retail store. I came across several things that I liked, but I was afraid it would be cool on Easter. The weather is so up and down this time of year you never know if you're going to be in shorts and a tee or pants and a jacket. I ended up settling on a short sleeve polo and plaid shorts in hopes that I could find a long sleeve button up that would match for Easter. All I could find was white. Buying white for a little boy is pretty much like throwing money out the window because he is sure to get stains ALL over it, so I didn't go that route. I never found a button up, but it looks like I lucked out and the weather is going to be beautiful. Around the time I gave up finding a different shirt, Brent calls and says they were let out early. I was thinking that I was still going to have time to go to the beach, but him getting out early threw me off! By the time I got back to the hotel to meet him, we only had 1 hr before the dinner/awards show began. So, we just got ready and met everyone downstairs.

Saturday, the weather was awful. It wasn't rainy but it sure was COLD! I had looked up the weather sometime the week before and it was suppose to be sunny and in the mid to upper 70's the entire weekend. I didn't bother to check it again and I only packed summery things. Neither of us had one long sleeve thing in our bag! Needless to say, I ended up buying one of the only long sleeve shirts in any of Savannah's little shops just to try to keep warm. I had to buy it a size bigger just to fit around the baby bump, so I looked like a bag lady walking around all day. What made it even worse was that it was a Paula Deen shirt that said "Hey Ya'll" on the back so I looked like the biggest redneck fan on Earth! Anyways, we ended up doing a trolley tour of the city. The tour we took allowed us to get on and off and spend as much time at a stop as we wanted. The history behind the city is really neat, but if I'd known there was a free city bus at each of the tourist stops I would have saved our $30 and just rode the free bus from stop to stop! Paula Deen's store was my favorite stop. I could have spent forever in there! She personally signs every single book that is sold out of her store! Who knew?! I thought at first it was printed or at least stamped, but we got to looking closer and they were all different, plus I asked the cashier and she confirmed that I was right. So cool! I ended up getting a cook book that is actually two of hers combined in one. I got Mom, as a "thank you" for watching Logan, her autobiography...but I got into the book on the way home, so I guess now she's technically getting a used book. Sorry Mom! LOL. It's a really good book and I recommend it to any of her fans. Saturday night we went to Uncle Bubba's Oyster House. This restaurant is owned by Paula Deen and her brother. In all reality, it was just another seafood restaurant. There was really nothing special about it. I wanted to go to Lady and Sons but you have to go the morning of and wait in line for reservations. The recording said people start lining up at 8ish a.m. and they start taking reservations at 9:30. I looked at the menu and it consisted mostly of country/southern food and we both were wanting seafood, so we bypassed waiting in line. Plus sleeping late was of more importance in my book ; )

Sunday morning we headed home, or to Cartersville, to meet Daddy with Logan, around 7 a.m. This was Daddy's first experience driving alone with Logan. Luckily it was nap time, but I'm not so sure he slept any because he ended up sleeping on the way back with us. We made record time back and were so happy to see our baby boy...and for once he was happy to see us! Usually he's ticked off that he has to leave his precious Mawmaw, but he was ok this time. On the way home he started calling her name. I told him she was at home, so he simply said "mawmaw bye bye" and that was the end of it. No fit or anything. Such a surprise.

We both really enjoyed our free/quiet time. We both were oddly looking forward to riding in the car in peace and it really was blissful....except apparently when I'm pregnant I get car sick! What?!?! I've never been motion/car sick in my life! Just goes to show how much you change during pregnancy! It wasn't so bad on the way down, but on the way back I think I complicated it by drinking some coffee. I ended up being fine, but it wasn't fun there for a while.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Sounds like a fun little getaway!

Funny...I got sick at a 3D movie last week. I guess pregnancy really messes with your equilibrium. I asked the OB about it on Monday and they said that was totally normal.

Bizzy said...

It's so wierd. Normally I could ride roller coasters all day and not even notice.