Sunday, April 25, 2010

Just Like His Daddy....

We all know that Logan seems to be just like Brent...well, here's another thing to prove that the poor kid got absolutely no genes from me! Since Brent and I got married I've learned that he can be quiet anal about some things, especially the way things are cleaned and organized. You would have never known this about him without living with him because his room growing up and apartment in college were a complete disaster! Anyways, lately Logan has proven to be just as anal/OCD about certain things. For instance, he must have a wipe to clean off his high chair before he'll let me get him out. Silly boy will fight and fight to get his face wiped off but won't get down without cleaning off the tray to his highchair. Then, he has to be the one to throw it in the trash. He won't put it down or give it back for me to do, he has to do it. He has been throwing away anything and everything that remotely resembles trash...and some things that aren't trash at all. He'll even stop on our way out the door and go all back to throw away any giblet of paper he's found. Also, if the dogs drop any food out of their bowl he picks it up, one piece at a time, and throws it away til it's all gone. It sometimes takes him forever and I give in and start helping, just like I do when Brent attempts to clean, haha. He's learned that we put our shoes in the closet beside the front door. If for any reason shoes are left out he is the first to pick them up and put them up. Sometimes he takes my slippers or flip flops off and puts them up before I can even get them off! He's so much like his Dad, it's unbelievable!

The past couple days he's been telling me when he's dirtied his diaper. He'll look at me funny and say "poo poo". Then when I change his diaper, he yells "shooo, shoooo" the whole time. I need to get him a little potty and start working with him or at least see if he's interested. His teeth are still coming in. I swear it's endless and I can't wait for teething to be over forever! His top molars broke through around Easter and now he's got two teeth on the bottom and two more molars trying to pop through. He doesn't sleep well when he's teething, which is hard on me of course.

We went to TJMaxx and found several things for Logan's new room today. He is going to get a surfing theme and we found a large canvas and two smaller wall hangings. All we probably need to do now is paint and get bedding...and well of course a dresser and headboard. I can't believe it's almost time for my little boy to be in a big boy bed :(. I still can't believe that he's wearing 2T clothes! Gosh, time flies.

We had planned on Nate getting a nautical/sail boat themed room, but after really looking at the stuff today we decided to at least not buy what they had a keep looking. It all seemed so grown up in the buggy but in my head I think it will work. Convincing Brent of that is another story. He can't visualize the finish product at all, so for now we are continuing our search for decorations/theme for Nate.

I guess we are now 100% sold on Nathaniel/Nate for his name. I'm not completely 100% with it, but then I can't find anything else I like better either. He's been moving around like crazy but is still being really nice. He doesn't wake me up or keep me up at night and he seems to sleep a lot. Hopefully that will stick around once he's here, but we'll see! Logan has been rubbing, patting, hugging and kissing my belly when I say "baby". I know he has absolutely no idea what's going on, but it's still sweet. I really think Logan is going to need something to baby, like a doll, once Nate comes but Brent is completely against our son having a doll. I think it will help him cope with sharing the attention and help teach him how to treat and handle a baby, but we'll see.

Tomorrow is our followup ultrasound to check Nate's heart. I'm hoping everything goes well and he's as healthy and perfect as I think he is! I haven't been worried about his heart and I've gone days without it even crossing my mind, but today it's been in the front of my mind a lot. I guess I'm lucky that it's just been today and not the whole 6 weeks since our last appointment. The appointment is at 8:30, so I'll update as soon as I can afterwards. I have to work when I get back, but hopefully I can find a few minutes to post an update.

No comments: