Did anyone else notice how gigantic Logan's feet look in his "Chef Logan" picture? OMG! I saw that picture and had to put on his shoes to check the toe and low and behold, his toes are at the end. Guess it's time for new shoes....again. I just bought his last pair 5 weeks ago and he had PLENTY of room at the time.
Growing boys! I probably won't ever get use to how quickly they grow up, even physically.
By the way, a little update on Logan.... I know I keep going on and on about his speech but I'm really impressed at how fast it's taken off. It seems like he learns new words and phrases daily. Now whenever someone walks into the room he says "Hey" and their name. Like "Hey Daddy" "Hey Jade" etc. He is putting words together all the time now to make sentences and phrases. He's been getting up rather early this week and everyday says "bye daddy" when Brent leaves for work and "love you daddy" too. He is very anxious to learn and will pretty much repeat anything you ask him to. He has a very country accent though and adds a W to almost everything. Like ball is "bawal". It's cute though. He knows the difference between up and down, hot and cold, on and off.
He knows basically all his body parts. He knows hair, ears, eyes, mouth, teeth, nose, head, elbow, toes, bottom (he smacks his bottom when you ask him where it is, so cute!), and hands. The latest ones we've been working on are chin and knee. I haven't been quizzing him lately so he's probably forgotten those two. He know tons of animal sounds. Cow is his new favorite. It use to be duck and he'd quack at everything, now he thinks everything moos and uses that as his default if he's not sure what something says.
Potty training is next. I think he's ready I just need to do some research on how to approach it so I'm not going back and forth between different methods and never sticking to a plan. Just today when we got out of the shower he was rolling around on our bed naked while I got dressed. He started yelling for me and when I answered him he was grabbing himself and pointing at the bed and saying pee pee. Turns out he'd peed on the bed (on Brent's side, hahaha, just kidding I changed the sheets). He knows what it is and apparently knows the sensation so I'm not sure why he wouldn't be ready. I am a little nervous about tackling potty training and a newborn at the same time though...but the sooner I don't have to buy 2 kids diapers the better! Speaking of showers. He will no longer take a bath. He will, but he refuses to sit down. He only wants to take a shower and since it's hard to give a shower without getting soaking wet, he just takes one with one of us for now.
Logan is REALLY into dancing. He dances to every song on TV and then claps when it's over. His favorite for now is Thomas the Tank. I think I must have burned him out on Bob the Builder because he's not nearly into it as he was just a couple weeks ago. The Wiggles have also made their appearance at our house. They sing and dance throughout their entire show and he follows suit. They do really deliberate movements when they dance and he tries to mimic them while he's dancing.
He is also WAY obsessed with anything with wheels. Everything with wheels is either a choo choo or a truck. I could probably take away every toy except his cars and he'd be perfectly content scooting them around and lining them up all day. The fireplace and his Fisher Price Farm have become garages. I'm not sure where he learned that cars park in garages since we don't use ours, but that definitely seems to be what he's doing with them. He's been sleeping with two particular cars here lately as well, a blue one and a red one. I think Brent hid them last night though because he wouldn't go to sleep and I haven't seen them since. I was able to talk him out of sleeping with Thomas the Tank today. I really don't want him to get attached to sleeping with one particular object. He's attached to his blanket and passy when he sleeps but not one particular blanket, just a blanket. The passy is a losing battle. I'm pretty much to the point that I don't care that he needs/wants it to sleep. I just don't want him to have it at other times and we seem to be able to do without it 99% of the time.
Speaking of sleep...he's doing great in his big boy bed. He is napping and sleeping at night in it 100% of the time now. He has some difficulty falling asleep at night if he's had two naps, but two naps only happen when he gets up really early.
Something else new...he is now on 100% cows milk, as of today. I'd been mixing whole milk and soy 1/2 and 1/2, and 2/3 to 1/3 this week and officially got him on 100% whole milk today. He's been having some constipation issues which seemed to resolve when I reduced his soy intake. I have no idea why soy would all of a sudden be causing his constipation but I have no other explanation and it seems to have fixed itself now. I've also learned that soy has an abnormally high amount of estrogen in it and can lower testosterone in boys. I also learned that it very often causes chronic runny noses, which would explain a lot. There were many more things, such as ADD and learning disorders. I'm sure if I researched cow's milk that I'd find odd things that it caused as well, but apparently the added estrogen and lower testosterone is a new finding and has been enough for pediatricians to recommend other sources of milk to parents of boys. I wanted to try cow's again before I went to almond or rice milk.
Anyways, that's all I can think of for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment